Monday, September 01, 2008

"Torn Faces" by Thomas Pfister

"Torn Faces" by Thomas Pfister



I got my first Yashica camera when I was 13 years old and started contributing to local newspaper in my hometown close to Hamburg. My uncle was the one who mentored me throughout the years. Over many years my photography skills developed and I found my passion. I still contribute to regional magazines and work from time to time for humanitarian organizations that appreciate my work, creativity and authorship.

TORN FACES is my first exhibition and hopefully not my last. Wherever I go, I see posters of artists promoting concerts, politicians running for elections or companies simply promoting their products. They appear for a week or so and disappear within minutes. What’s left are these torn faces - often without the original message but faces that sometimes still speak for themselves. What remains leave us with more questions than answer. I am often intrigued by the mixed messages and decided to make sense of these remnants, by making my own picture and stories. I invite you to do the same.
Thomas Pfister
Please join us for the opening reception at 7:00pm, Sept 10, 2008.
Exhibition period: Sept 10 – Oct 06, 2008

No comments: